Mail on Monday

Happy New Year after a month long hiatus of frigid temperatures warmed by the arrival of holiday mail and Christmas celebrations, my happiest mail arrived in person...
Onz and Deets
hand delivered their Christmas card to us.
Onz and Deets arrived and stayed for most of December, much to everyone's delight here.  I'm just left wondering why time flies when you are having fun?  They definitely make life fun, so the time went by in a blink.

Icy cold weather with sub zero wind chills provided a great reason to stay inside and do some baking. One of Onz's favorites is making and decorating sugar cookies, and she has it down to a science. I always learn a new technique or two from her, and the results taste as good as they look.  Before we enjoyed them with a cup of tea, I made an envelope to coordinate with a US postage stamp featuring sugar cookies and our own cookie creation.
They really are good enough to eat!
And last but not least, the absolute best part of the holidays for me!


and best wishes for a happy and healthy 2018!




Comments

  1. Missed you in the blogosphere. What a wonderful holiday surprise having all the kidlets home! Onz's cookies are beautiful and your envelope coordinates perfectly with her cookies and the stamp. I love her Christmas card with her fiance. Can't wait to hear how the wedding plans are coming along. Happy 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back. It looks like you had a fantastic holiday and that cold we have been having, it was just too much! And wow. Onz's cookies are gorgeous to look at, and maybe too pretty to eat even if they taste good. :) Happy New Year! And happy T day too. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I was starting to worry about you. So glad to see you are well. Those cookies are to DIE for. I might never want to eat them if I had them in front of me. They are fabulous. That's a beautiful card, too. Happy New Year and if you are joining us for T, happy T Stands For Tuesday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see you back! And the family photos are great. The cookies are so beautiful. I'll not be posting any of ours---my husband and granddaughters do them. They taste great, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good time. Happy 2018 to you and yours, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must have been wonderful to have all you family together over the festive season, I'm so pleased that you had such a great time! Those Christmas cookies are amazing, they would make such fabulous gifts and look too good to eat ...lol 😉. I'd love the recipe if that's ok. I adore the envelope that you created inspired by the cookie postage stamp - perfect 😁. It was lovely to see all your happy photos, thanks for the smiles and wishing you and yours all the very best for 2018! J 😊 x
    p.s. Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog too, I was so excited to get Sizzix and thanks so much for the recommendation 😁. I have a very limited selection of dies so I need to start shopping, any recommendations would be gratefully received …lol 😉. Have a happy and creative New Year my friend! J x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous sugar cookies! I'd eat them anyway, of course ;) And holiday time with family does seem to fly by, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

Art in Bloom

T stands for Traditions