sometimes, I...

bring work home with me...
a reminder,
spring is coming...
After looking and working with flowers all day, you might think that I will have had my fill. That is what I would have thought. But the reality is, that even after looking at them all day, I like to have a vase on my table... and maybe even a little mason jar for the living room.
Tulips definitely signal spring!
These tulips were a little droopy, so past their sell by date...but, they work perfectly in a little mason jar. Hopefully, the florist trick of adding a penny to the water will help them last a few days...

It's hard to believe it's the end of the month, it was down to the wire, but I managed to get my Pushing the Envelope Exchanges out...
More flowers to match the postage stamp...

February was international correspondence month, that was inspiration to get a few letters to pen pals out..

it's never too late to send a little love...
I am hoping March brings warm weather, flowers, mail, and a little more time to read blogs, and post a few times too!





Comments

  1. I didn't know about adding a penny to make flowers last longer. Thanks for the tip. :) I think it would be hard to get tired of flowers. And getting mail is always fun, isn't it? Happy new month. :) Let's hope for a real spring this year-early too. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding a penny is new to me as well, and I'll be trying it out this weekend. We have lots of entertaining to do, so flowers are in order. I once worked in a bakery, and lost all interest in desserts. I don't think the same thing would happen to me in a florist shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My tulips aren't blooming yet, but I will remember the penny trick. I've always stuffed pipe cleaners in the stems to prop them up. Congrats, too, on completing your February challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flowers do so much to brighten a room. Well done on getting your Feb challenges done. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! I didn't know that trick with the penny. The Peruvian lilies The Eldest sent me when I got home from PA, finally passed. They lasted 1 month! i just changed the water every day and add a bit of the powder packet that was included.

    Your cards and envelopes are so Spring-y and cheery. Not looking forward to this weekend weather.

    Stay warm and dry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful flowers! That's the kind of work that I would happily bring home too ...lol 😉. I'm loving all the spring cheer and your happy mail is amazing too! Wishing you much happiness today and always! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like cut flowers but don't have space outside to grow them. I'll have to try your penny idea. I agree with you in hoping March brings warm weather. I'm ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, your new gig is working at a flower shop?! How cool! I too didn't know the penny trick...have some alstroemeria I'll try that with. Like your 2018 word; definitely puts you in the driver's seat!
    Have a great week.
    Cheers~
    BTW: choose was my word several years ago...great minds and all that stuff..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to thank you for your kind wishes on my blog 😁. Have a wonderful week! J 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

Art in Bloom

T stands for Traditions