T stands for Time together...and words on wednesday

T stands for time together with my sister in one of our favorite neighborhood bistros.
Cibo
Cibo translates to uncomplicated, unpretentious casual food and drink, which describes our weekly get together perfectly.
Raspberry lemonade prosecco and bruschetta
I love these moments, a great chance to catch up and talk about all sorts of fun things. We both love fashion, reading, psychology, classic movies, and family.  I have been reading Writing with Quiet Hands. The book is inspirational, full of wonderful tips and quotes, and a great book for self reflection. I have been thinking about what I like to read, and consequently my voice in writing. I have also been thinking about word choice. I find haiku really challenging, but when I read it, I think it can be simple and beautiful. Part of my transformation challenge is to bring poetry into the moment. Here's my haiku for today's special moment with Nish.

Camaraderie

Sisters, memories
Reminiscing and laughing
embracing future

Wishing you someone to share memories with and join you to embrace the possibilities.

Comments

  1. I don't have a sister but it must be wonderful to be able to share good moments with good food and a tasty drink. :) Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredibly beautiful and heartwarming. I've only created one haiku in my life and it took nearly two days to do so. It's certainly not my "thing," but I feel it might be yours.

    I've never had a sibling, so I know you and your sister must have a very special relationship. I can feel the warmth.

    Thanks for taking us with you as you joined your sister for raspberry lemonade and lunch for T this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice that you and your sister are close. Sisters and best friends. I've known sisters that never get along. Your haiku is lovely. Perfect sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always wonderful to make happy memories with loved ones and it looks like you had lots of fun with your sister on your weekly get togetherzes 😁. Your raspberry lemonade Prosecco and bruchetta looks so yummy - Happy belated T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that you are so close to your sister. I have a sister (a year and a half younger tan me) but we are not very close. She has a heart of gold but we don't have anything in common whatsoever. We do communicate occasionally and we see each other a few times a year as we still have our mother.
    So you are very fortunate to be able to have a good ol'gettogether with your sister.
    Kudos to you for writing that haiku. It's beautiful.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful Haiku and they aren't easy to write for sure.

    The food and drink look really good.

    Happy belated T Day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. T-party friendships
    Virtual connectedness
    Criss-crossing the globe

    Happy T-Day, Nan! Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wrote my first Haiku in years just a couple of weeks ago for a contemplative photography course. Another blogging friend of mine is also reading (and recommending) Writing with Quiet Hands. I'll look for it on Sunday when we'll be at one of our favorite bookstores in Vermont.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your visit to my blog. I enjoyed your haiku. As with short stories, poetry is great for when you have limited time but still want to read something good. Happy Belated T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful haiku celebrating time with your sister 💜 lovely photos too...glad you stopped by for T day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your nice visit to my blog. Fabulous is your haiku! Nice to meet you at TSFT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for stopping by to my blog, Your haiku is great and I enjoyed reading your post.
    Very delayed Happy T day wishes
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you have a great relationship with your sisiter. I wish mine live close enough to get together like that. Love your poem. Thanks for stopping buy my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Haiku Nan! Perfect words for your special time with your sister. (Mine is currently in Nassau at a convention - lucky her.) Thoroughly enjoyed your words about Writing With Quiet Hands... and looking forward to more sharing.Write on!
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

Art in Bloom

T stands for Traditions