T stands for a toast and a tweet

 Happy New Year with Baileys

Toasting the New Year with hopes for 2022

And a Best Year from one of my favorite podcasts, In the Doctor’s Chair with Mark Rowe a mnemonic device (episode 47)
B Breathe  
E Eat
S Simplify
T Time
              Y You
               E Exercise 
               A Appreciate
               R Reduce your carbon footprint
       
I love his weekly podcasts, and I have listened to a few more than once which I liken to a booster shot of optimism and mindfulness. I am very conscious of my carbon footprint and I will continue to include that in my best year, but my R will be reflection and resilience. ( R and R from a favorite 2021 read  10 Mindful Minutes by Goldie Hawn. The rest fit perfectly with my goals for 2022.

Dr. Rowe suggests that we start our day thinking of 3 things we are grateful for and end our evening with 3 WWW - what went well today. I have been doing this and I love to start and end my day on a positive note.

Today’s episode featured Dr. Sue Stuart- Smith, who wrote another of my favorite books of 2021, The Well Gardened Mind, the British Sunday Times Bestseller 2020 and the Gardening Book of the Year. So inspiring!

I am still trying to whittle down my favorite 21 books of 21. With well over 100 great books, it’s been a tough choice. I have my top 3 and even there, I keep changing my mind; I think I will try a different system for 2022.
Watercolor with Bokeh effect

This is a really simple technique that I love. If I was to title this, Look up!

Comments

  1. Curious to know what your process is in choosing your top books for the year. I don't listen to many podcasts, but now that I'm rowing at home, I discovering that podcasts are a good thing to listen to while I row away. My favorite for the last several (many) years is On Being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I occasionally listen to podcasts but I rather listen to audiobooks as I have limited time to sit and read a book. Looking forward to seeing the list of your top 21 books. Good job on reading 100 books.
    Love your watercolor!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cool mnemonic device for some really perfect 2022 goals. Congrats on reading 100 books. I almost made it at 96. But I'm not disappointed. I hope you share your top 21 for 21 with us. Hope it was a great T day Nan. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I listen to podcasts. There are so many out there! I only read 35 books in 2021, so I think it would be easy for me to pick the best 21. My goal is to read more this year. I like that we should start our day positive and end it that way too. I love your bokeh artwork. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous way to bring in the new year, Nan. That sounds like a very positive and enlightening podcast. I think everyone should learn that mnemonic and we all should follow it. I've had to just breathe a few times this week and weekend when I was unable to leave comments on blogs. You accomplished a very impressive amount of reading this year. I am super impressed. I look forward to reading your best 21 of 21.

    Your bokeh painting is amazing. You draw and color so well. Thanks for sharing your Bailey's, the Mark Rowe mnemonic, and the lovely drawing you shared with us for T this Tuesday, dear Nan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful ways to start the new year and each day. We all need to start each day with gratefulness and the same for the end of the day. Your New Years drink looks yummy. 100 books - that is a great accomplishment too especially with your pod casts too. You are definitely well read.

    I love your bokeh painting. Love the title too. Lovely work.


    Happy T-day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're always so positive. The mindfulness and the www remind me of my good things. I try to keep track of what was good about the day. Pretty watercolor. I think you found your medium.

      Delete
  7. I'm now following Dr. Rowe on Twitter and have added him to my "Health" list. Lists help me keep up with Twitter lol There's so much there. Thanks for pointing him out. Here's to a good year! Happy T Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely watercolor art. Great mindfulness advice, I'm going to look into this. Happy very belated T day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulously insightful post and a great way to start the year! Loving your bokeh effect too - gorgeous 😀. I hope you and your family are keeping well, take care and Happy January! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great purposes for this year ! And so good baileys breverage! Happy belated T-day !
    Your watercolour painting is Gorgeous .
    I wish you all the best for this year, stay safe and big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not having had a Bailey's for years I really want one now - can't, too much sugar for me - but I do want one!!!!, Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

Art in Bloom

T stands for Traditions