Mail on Monday

Thank goodness for envelope exchanges, it means something artistic and fun arrives in the mail!
fun mail from Kate
I really loved the stlye and colors on this, so I copied it on one of my envelopes for the exchange. Forgot to cover the address, so I will just show the return side
back flap
I used Kate's lettering style but did flowers instead of fruit.  In addition to the lovely letters coming through the mail slot, I love being introduced to new ideas to try. Also, on my agenda is figuring out how to blur an address for future posts.

New postage stamps also trigger learning. The new solar eclipse stamp has been released to coincide with the Great American Eclipse on August 21, 2017. The band will pass trough the contiguous US in a 70 mile stretch moving from west to east. Massachusetts won't have the full total eclipse, but we will get a partial  sometime between 1:30 and 4:30 p.m.

You would need a special attachment for a telescope to view a solar eclipse safely.
I used pastels to color the backround of the envelope and drew a telescope for the address section.  On the card I used a chalk marker, which was a little challenging, as it goes on clear and then turns chalk like. This definitely will take a little more practice.

A great little pressie came in the mail, courtesy of Fi.
Yay! for surprises!
Fi ordered me a return address stamp for my return address on my mailings. It came all the way from Malaysia.  I love the postage stamps too, so pretty. I thought  my favorite Lilly Pulitzer wristlet coordinated nicely.

Wishing you a day with a good wish, some mail, and surprises! Happy Mail Monday!

Comments

  1. I LOVE your handwriting, and your caligraphy. What fun to see your beautiful lettering AND flowers. Much lovelier than fruit, I believe, although I do like Kate's fruit. What a what an absolutely adorable new stamp. Fi did good, and those postage stamps are collage ready, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girlies always come up with great gifts for you! I like your brush letters and the cute flowers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to find the time to practice beautiful lettering so I could address envelopes the way you do! Gorgeous. I'll have to get to the PO and buy some solar eclipse stamps. Off to find out when the partial eclipse will show up here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm off to the Post Office too to get some stamps! Fun idea for a mail exchange. You can blur addresses in Photoshop Elements and possibly some apps...I need to do a google search cause I could learn that skill too!
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to receive such happy mail! Beautiful pieces both created and received! Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

Art in Bloom

T stands for Traditions