To tweet or not to tweet on a Mail Monday...

There's a whole lotta tweeting going on...and it goes on and on...it reminds me of that Crystal Gayle song, Talkin' in your sleep...though the song, goes "Three o'clock in the morning and it looks like it's going to be another sleepless night..In actuality, it's more like 4:30 am for the birds outside my window. Now, you've heard the early bird catches the worm, and the saying was first recorded in John Ray's Collection of English Proverbs, 1670, 1678. I guess the birds have been singing in the morning for ages. Although, the worm may not have much to do with it. Song birds are primarily males attempting to attract a mate or protect their territory, and blue birds are among the loudest.  Match.com, for the birds, I'd say!

The Crescendo outside my window
Perched, cacophony
persistent, clamorous cheeps
ceaseless tweets - then beeps

I think they finally start to quiet down, when the alarm goes off.
Bluebird card...ready to go out.

I received an awesome envelope exchange from pushing the envelope.
Solar theme stamp
I love how she coordinated the stamp with the lettering. The gold dots are actually punched with gold paper behind. I also received some great postcards.
Castlerock
The buildings pictured in the foreground are known as the 12 Apostles, and the site of a double murder.  There is a book based on the murders, Let This Be Our Secret by Deric Henderson and a mini series, The Secret starring James Nesbitt, which came out in 2016.  Definitely an unbelievable story, where truth is stranger than fiction.

Comments

  1. Not sure how I missed this post. I have read that book, Let This Be Our Secret. Deric Henderson does a good job with the facts of the case. I never saw the mini series, though.

    Your friend is a true calligrapher, and I adore how the circle matches the postage stamp. You are one lucky person to get such beautiful mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mail, and do feel very lucky. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bluebird card is so pretty, I love the colours and details of the feathers 😀. So nice to receive happy mail and the envelope exchange design is so amazing! Wishing you a Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely! I would love to be able to produce beautiful lettering like that on the envelope; it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good story and that one about the murders sounds fascinating.Wonder how she got the address on the envelope so round? Loving the card. My birds are still pretty loud in the AM, but I've been taking in the feeder because of the bears. They just want it back out again I think. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy T Day and a wonderful post with lots to read and to look at.

    Love the mugs with the pretty colours.

    Wonderful garden photographs as well

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

T stands for Traditions

Art in Bloom