Flipping pages among the flowers

 Feeling good in my garden and keeping my heart in the place I love

Front entrance
Dahlias doing their thing 
Secret smells ‘scentsational’
Roses are thriving
And fortunately their petals were spared from Ida’s heavy rains.

Feeding my heart with my two latest reads.

This one is thanks to Karen, who always seems to find the best books. I haven’t read any of John Green’s other books but they are now on my “ to be read” list. Loved, loved, loved this book of essays and it’s definitely on my 21 of 21 list.  5 stars ⭐️

Fred Rogers is a hero of mine and I loved this biography by Maxwell King. The author David McCollough is a huge fan of Mr. Rogers and regards him as the preeminent educator of our time.  Both Pittsburg natives, McCollough highly recommended this biography. I listened to the audio version read by Levar Burton. In a word - excellent!
“There are three ways to ultimate success in life. The first way is to be kind. The seconds way is to be kind. The third was is to be kind.”

Comments

  1. I planted some dahlia's this year for the first time and I am loving them. Your flowers look great. And thanks for the book selections. I am sure you must have seen the Fred Rogers movie with Tom Hanks. I bet Levar Burton reading the book was amazing. Happy long weekend! hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely amazing and beautiful photo of the dahlias. I've never seen them except in photos, though. Your roses look lovely, too. Mine are gone for the year.

    I also LOVE Mr. Rogers and this sounds like a great read. I'm sure Levar Burton did a great job reading the book, too. Loved that Rogers quote. I can hear him saying it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is just beautiful. You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our dahlias are gorgeous this year. We made some errors in where we planted them this year, but hopefully, will do a better job next year. (Some are way too tall for my cutting garden and need to be along our fence.) Glad you like the book! Just reread the email you sent last year about climbing roses. We're trying to decide which ones we want---so many great choices!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

Art in Bloom

T stands for Time together