Time and trees


Keeping my posting streak alive and returning to some uncial calligraphy with a quote from a favorite Irish poet, John O’Donohue. I took inspiration from a book I recently finished, To Speak For the Trees by Diana Beresford-Kroeger. Diana is a world recognized botanist, medical biochemist and author. Her efforts and advocacy to develop a bio plan to restore the global forest is ongoing and impactful. A remarkable scientist and world climate change leader, she works tirelessly to illustrate the  beauty and value of trees and forests. Her writings, interviews and film are poetic and informative.

Comments

  1. Your calligraphy is beautiful. I love how you outlined and enlarged the first letter T. It caught my eye immediately.

    Thanks for introducing me to Diana Beresford-Kroeger. She sounds like my kind of advocate and environmentalist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Nan. I'm loving the quote. And YES, we do need to meet up in Portsmouth sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful quote and such a lovely piece. I know John O’Donohue, but I'm unfamiliar with Diana Beresford-Kroeger so am happy to know a bit about her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

Art in Bloom

T stands for Traditions