What's in your mailbox?

Ever since I was little, I loved mail, and this is something I have passed on to the next generation. There is always a mad rush to the door when we hear the mail slot click open. There is something exciting about the possibilities of what will be waiting when you pick up that pile of mail. Sometimes the best it has to offer is a catalog to peruse, but other times, Joy! an actual handwritten note. This was a really fun one I received from Janet as part of the Pushing the Envelope exchange.  I placed a Dove chocolate on the envelope, something else I love, that is also meant to be savored and enjoyed. Like the Dove wrapper, you open it, and there is a message. In addition to getting mail, I found out a little of the history of triangle letters. In WWII, Russian soldiers sent triangle letters and they were delivered anywhere in Russia for free. Pretty cool. Janet has also visited the Clark Museum in western Massachusetts.  I have added that to my bucket list!
Janet's Triangle Envelope

This was a fun use of one sheet of paper to create a letter and an envelope. It reminded me of making chains out of gum wrappers when I was a kid, and mom and me origami classes I did with my daughters at the community recreation center. I used Janet's envelope for my template and sent my version to her using washi tape to seal the envelope.

Sending out mail is almost as much fun as receiving it. It gives me the chance to try something creative, practice my lettering and hopefully brighten someone's day. There's something special about connecting this way, and if I make a pen pal friend in the process, that is an added bonus.
Sent out, coming to a mailbox near you.

One of these cards needed to be hand cancelled, requiring a trip to my local post office.  Lucky me, no lines and a chance to add to my collection.
Stamps, stamps and more stamps...I couldn't resist

Comments

  1. Interesting about the triangle envelope. I've seen letters folded into envelopes but never shaped like a triangle. I'm guessing because it's an odd shape it would require extra postage.

    It's always nice to receive something in the mail that isn't a bill or an offer for a credit card. Just so happens, I recieved a fun card and envelope from you today. Such a bright spot on this grey, foggy day. thanks again for the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, it did require extra postage because of the shape. I want to try an origami wallet envelope next. We will see how that goes. Glad I brightened you day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

T stands for Traditions

T stands for Time together