February...and the word is..

Choose.  That's my word of the year that I selected in January, and already I love it. In a scary world, where sometimes it seems as if we have no control over almost anything. we can choose. Although we can't always control our situation, we can at least choose our reaction and attitude, and when necessary readjust our focus.  It's proactive, rather than only reactive, and rather than feeling powerless, we can feel powerful, even in small ways.
Calligraphy practice...every day

I am combining Choose with other positive C words, and plan on adding and Changing them every month. January brought some unexpected changes for me, included an unanticipated Career opportunity doing something I love...
lots of arranging...

but more about that next week, when I will be in full on production mode.

February is Correspondence month, and I am way behind on that, so that's my plan for Saturday. Sunday is the Superbowl, which will require all of my energy! Go Pats...can't wait, holding my breath in anticipation! Happy weekend!

Comments

  1. I like your word and the positive spin when we sometimes think we have no control. Beautiful Copperplate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you-Go Pats. I am looking forward to Sunday's game. Sounds like you have been busy and have had some new exciting challenges, including your calligraphy which looks great. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was starting to worry about you, so was really glad to read that you are doing well. I love your choice of words and how you stay positive in a world that sometimes brings us down. Your calligraphy is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice word. Glad you are doing well, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful calligraphy, Nan. Choose is a good word and very appropriate for the times. Good luck with the new career opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Choose" is an empowering word! Your calligraphy is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Choose" is a great word for the month and your calligraphy is amazing! I'm loving that you are doing something you love career wise - perfect 😁. Hope you are having a lovely weekend, Go Pats! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been reading The Daily Stoic this year--daily reflections on quotes from early philosophers. Your comment about only being able to control your response to events is one of the main themes. Your calligraphy is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank You for sharing your article, This is an interesting & informative blog. It is very useful for the developer like me.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

Art in Bloom

T stands for Traditions