Just one…

 Purchase,

My word of the year one includes one new or different challenge every month. January was dry January, with no alcohol. After that fun, February posed a new challenge, Frugal February, with no unnecessary spending or purchases. Ouch! Thank goodness I picked the shortest month of the year. Luckily, this isn’t a leap year. So far, I have been doing really well, and only succumbed to temptation once. I am thinking progress not perfection, so it’ s in the win column.

And now for my purchase.


I attended Margaret Shepherd’s opening reception of her calligraphy from Song of Songs at Yale Divinity School. The book contains the artwork on exhibit which took her five years to complete, as well as her thoughts on why she picked the passages and how she interpreted them. The book is beautiful and inspirational, perhaps moving it to the realm of necessary…at least in my opinion.

Comments

  1. I like your goal for the year. I've been frugal this month too, but I have some trips planned in the next few months that go with my word. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you bring it along the next time we can get together

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you are approaching the year with one word per month. I started out doing one/quarter, but I think I'm going to take up your approach for the rest of the year. Your one purchase surely qualifies as "necessary" given your beautiful calligraphy. I'm still using the beautiful piece you sent to me with my initial as a bookmark for whatever spiritual reading I'm doing at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous goal. A beautiful purchase, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

Art in Bloom

T stands for Traditions