T stands for Trying and Tasting

 The last time I was up at Stonewall Kitchen’s flagship store, I picked up one of their cooking school brochures. I love all of Stonewall Kitchen’s products, their garden and recipes, so taking a class up there has been on my bucket list.

Greeted by a butterfly at Stonewall kitchen


The dahlias were fabulous 

Love this planter idea.
Stonewall class kitchen
Covid limited to 15 students

Grilled Radicchio and Fennel salad with Braised Articholes

The main, raspberry chicken, couscous and smashed peas

Triple chocolate mousse and a Coffee
The class format is a demonstration only, but all participants enjoy a delicious meal. The chef John Bickerstaff was low key, friendly and informative. The entire staff was great, typical of Stonewall employees.  I came away with some really good tips, including using grape seed oil instead of olive oil for cooking with high heat. Everything was delicious and I am inspired to make some recipes of these at home. I am already looking at the booklet for future classes. A perfect, fun Stonewall experience.


Comments

  1. What a fun thing to do! And the food looks really delicious!
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks like you had a wonderful time at the cookery class! Just my sort of things too and the meal looks so delicious, glad you had fun 😁. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a lovely place to visit, and to enjoy a cooking class too, and eat the results, what fun. Happy T day Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great cooking class - the chef demonstrates, but you get to eat! And you get good ideas that you can use in your own cooking. I have never tried grape seed oil, but it's a good idea for high heat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wondered about their cooking classes. I didn't know they were demo. I love shopping at Stonewall Kitchen. This looks like a fun thing to do, and a yummy thing too. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of this store but a cooking class sounds like fun and the food looks delicious! What a great way to spend an evening.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to have an herb and floral garden like they have at Stonewall Kitchen. That's a dream location indeed. I am glad you shared the photos from the Stonewall Kitchen demo. It's obviously set up for eating only. The kitchen cooking place I visited had individual cook tops, as well as an area for prep work. It would be fun to learn a few new things and get to eat, too. Thanks for sharing your incredible meal the chef made, as well as your coffee for T this Tuesday, dear Nan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh - lucky you!! Beautiful gardens and the food looks fabulous. I would definitely sign up for bunches of the classes if I lived near there. Wow! Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is this up in York, ME? I just went to look at the classes. They must be very popular everything was sold out. Looks like a cool place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me at raspberry chicken and triple chocolate mousse! What a wonderful experience. I wish something would get me interested in cooking again! Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. For years, we had a local cooking class done in the instructor's home---demonstration with dinner following. Several of us were regular attenders and I have a notebook of well-used recipes from the classes. This looks like so much fun--and delicious, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

Art in Bloom

T stands for Time together