2nd on the second

 


Four years ago, on April 12, 2016 in honor of Beverly Cleary’s 100 birthday and in support of  # equal pay for women and gender equality, I drew and posted this on Instagram.


With my procreate practice, and the passing of  Beverly Cleary, I thought I would do a procreate illustration of Ramona.
“All her life she had wanted to squeeze the toothpaste
really squeeze it...”

I’ve read a lot of articles about Beverly over the past week and it reminded me of the humor and kindness with which she wrote. 
Inspiration and Joy

I finished off with a portrait of her on procreate, which is my first attempt at a procreate portrait. It was fun to practice this while thinking of her. Beverly said it best, “children should learn that reading is pleasure” and she certainly made it so.

Comments

  1. Sadly, I've never heard of Beverly Cleary. I certainly like how you brought her back to life in your lovely drawing and calligraphy. Such a wonderful second look, Nan. I am glad you shared this, because it's definitely a first look for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Beverly Cleary, but you have made a wonderful tribute to her. Have a happy weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say about your Procreate creations is WOW! I want to take lessons from you

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect and I am very very impressed with you procreate pieces Nan. Hurrah for Beverly Cleary and Ramona, Happy Easter to you also. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous portrait, and "poster" of Ramona! I'd love some lessons, too! I gave away my classroom library, but it was loaded with Beverly Cleary books which kids from grades 3-5 devoured!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your procreate portrait is amazing and so beautiful! She looks and sounds like a wonderful lady too, it's a lovely tribute 😀. Thanks for sharing and wishing you a Happy Easter! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

T stands for Traditions

Art in Bloom