T stands for treasures

 Counted among my treasures are books.  I have favorites that I keep in my bedroom and go back to regularly.  Among the oldest are gifts from Nish, tiny treasures by Joan Walsh Anglund. To me they contain pearls of wisdom, love and kindness. Her words are so poetic and her simple illustrations are filled with childlike wonder.


My procreate portrait 
of  Joan Walsh Anglund

Many people are familiar with the quote “ A bird doesn’t sing because he has the answers, he sings because he has a song”, which has been widely attributed to another favorite author Maya Angelou, although in fact Joan Walsh Anglund first penned these words. April is national poetry month, a perfect time to reflect on some of Anglund’s beautiful words. There have been many interesting articles -written about her life  after she passed away at 95 on March 9, 2021, noting her love of family, friends, nature, gardens and reading. Reading and a cup of tea sound perfect.


Tea and a cookie,
Plus some smart water
In vaccine preparation 
 
CJ mentioned to me to prepare for my vaccine by staying hydrated with smart water, and as they say around these parts, if CJ says,... For certain, it is advice to be followed.

Comments

  1. I don't know this poet, although I do know the quote you mentioned Nan. Books are my treasures too. I've been cleaning out the stash, just a little. It is so hard to get rid of some as they become such a part of you. Good luck with your shot. And hope it was a nice T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute to Joan Walsh Anglund. I'm sure she would be pleased as she looks down on you and your homage to her and her memory. She was truly a wise lady.

    Your tea, cookie, and smart water look wonderful and I'm so impressed with you always taking advice from CJ. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and art on Joan Walsh Anglund, as well as your tea, smart water, and cookie with us for T this Tuesday, dear Nan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the portrait and words, just wonderful. Staying hydrated is always good! Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't thought of Joan Walsh Anglund in a long time. Thanks for refreshing my memory--I'm quite sure there must be one or more of her books in my collection. Your portrait of her is wonderful. I'm envious of your talent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of Joan Walsh Anglund. I will have to look her up. Lovely portrait!
    Happy Belated Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Procreate portrait is awesome. CJ says must drive your family insane😺

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too like the authors you like. That portrait is brilliant. Very nicely done. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see why your treasure these books, such lovely words and inspiration 😀. I'm loving you're procreate portrait too, wow you have really learnt to use this medium so well, it's beautiful! I hope that you are still recovering well! Take care and Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely books, lovely drawing, and hope your vaccine went well! I got mine last week with no issues. The cookie looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hadn't heard of this author and poet, but I looked her up and spent a happy half hour looking at her delightful illustrations and reading some of what she wrote. I agree that books are treasures.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had never heard of Joan Walsh Anglund but have noted her name for when I have more time - as you can see I am very late in visiting! Tea, cookie and water sound like good preparation for you vaccination. Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

Art in Bloom

T stands for Time together