T stands for time to celebrate

 My birthday....

Let’s celebrate
And decorate the mantle
And..
Ready for a few close ups

Heart felt messages from my girls
And beautiful inspiration from Karen

Cards from life long friends, Susan and Ann
and Art work from Jean
Lots of love here...
...and good wishes from Cathy, RZ and Jean

Fi decorated the chandelier 
and made me a ferrero rocher cheesecake 
which we enjoyed with a glass of Prosecco 

I love to celebrate birthdays including my own. As my mom told me once, age is a privilege denied to many. So true, and on my birthday I always take the time to remember those gone too soon, especially my mom. People often say that I remind them so much of her which I take as the highest compliment. Every day, I try to emulate her strength of spirit, kindness and gratitude . She will always be my inspiration, a source of the happiest memories and a love that is always with me. Every year on my birthday, I make my resolutions to try harder and do better in small ways and eventually maybe even big ways. After all, we are all a work in progress. Cheers to getting older, one day at a time....a little bit older, a little bit wiser.

 


Comments

  1. Wishing you a very happy birthday! Wow, so lovely to receive all those cards and it sounds like you celebrated in style with the cheesecake and prosecco - perfect 😁. Happy T Day wishes and have a lovely week too! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! yum cheesecake sounds perfect too-hugs from the lake Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! You got some wonderful goodies. I'm glad I got to meet your mom the time we took the kids to Old Sturbridge Village. Your mom was such a delight. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a true point about age being denied to so many. Getting older is not something to complain about unless you don't have any quality of life. Hope it was a super birthday. All those cards you received sure make nice mantel decorations. And thanks for posting about Tower Hill Gardens last week. I noticed they were in Boyalston so on the way home from my mom's in Worcester I stopped by. What a great place. Have fun celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thankful for that wisdom from your mother---good to keep in mind. I also have a May birthday and am happy to celebrate it, and remember my mother who died way too early. I'm now 17 years older than she was when she died. Nonetheless, the number is disconcerting. Sounds like you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday. It sounds like it was wonderful with all the gorgeous cards you received. And of course, cheesecake and prosecco (which I've never had) sounds great, too. Thanks for sharing this celebration and your prosecco with us for T this Tuesday, dear Nan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday, you received some beautiful cards and your celebration cheesecake sounds delicious with the Prosecco.
    Have a lovely week
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, glad you had a wonderful day. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday. You certainly received a lot of wonderful looking cards. That birthday cake sounds delicious! Chocolate is always a great way to celebrate a birthday.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! What a lovely bunch of cards!
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You certainly celebrated in style, what lot of lovely cards! Belated Happy Birthday and belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday! Cheesecake and Prosecco? I'll join you!
    You have a wise mother. Indeed age is a privilege.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday and T-day - late on both but still sending wishes. A lot of great cards and that cheesecake sounds fabulous (my favorite dessert). Definitely we are works in progress - you sound like you are definitely making great progress too. How great you had such an inspiring Mom. I did as well. Definitely blessings to count for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

Art in Bloom

T stands for Traditions