T stands for too …

 hot. It’s easy to know that summer has arrived  with temperatures in the high nineties…so thankful for air conditioning. I will venture outside for a quick glimpse of the garden, but I love the coolness of the house when I step back in.

 The irises are finished blooming; they provided a colorful show between the early spring tulips and daffodils and the summer geraniums, verbena and roses. My favorite variety is the Wabash, a sweetly fragranced  bright white with ultramarine blue falls. Although I didn’t get a photo, I was inspired to create some watercolor mail art featuring irises.

On these hot and humid evenings , I am taking short walks in my neighborhood so I can enjoy the scent of the Linden tree. The beautiful fragrance is my one of my favorites as I walk along and breath it in. The aromatic blossoms are in bloom from June to mid July, so I will enjoy it while I can.

My sun patients are under serious threat from the heat, but my roses seem to be thriving.

I am trying to keep my garden going during this heatwave and looking forward to a respite from the extreme temperatures, but in the meantime, I am staying hydrated with glasses upon glasses of water.

Comments

  1. This heat is crazy, isn't it? Thanks goodness for AC. My roses are thriving too. I am glad they like the heat. Hope it was a great T day Nan. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had some series heat too last week-lovely post I am always so thankful for air conditioning too-Happy T stay safe in the heat hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your iris is beautiful. Looks like you're making good use of your wedge brush. Only a couple of more days of this heat. (I'll be sad to see it go).AC is such a blessing. Stay cool and Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful art you created - lovely iris. The flower is beautiful. Stay hydrated for sure! Happy late T-day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too hot here, as well! I was honored to be the recipient of one of your lovely iris paintings---it's on my inspiration board! Do your best to stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No heat here, only one day. The flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're having the same ol' heat we always get in the summer. It's amazing to see the temps so much hotter in more northern places. Wow! We're used to heat, but we never get heat like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have seen how hot it is in parts of the USA - I hope it cools down a bit soon! Your iris painting is wonderful. Stay hydrated, Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heat wave? I assume you are in the USA, I have read about the heatwave there.And even in Canada (BC). All I can say is, drink plenty of water and take it easy if you can, especially if you are not used to the heat. Wear loose clothes, preferably made with natural fibres (cotton or linen).
    I'm sure it will soon cool down again. But your roses are looking good on it!
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I missed this earlier. Glad your roses are doing well. The one you shared is beautiful. And of course, your iris drawing is lovely. Drink lots of water during these hot times and stay hydrated and safe. Thanks for joining us for T this week, Nan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, your watercolour mail art is stunning! I love how you depicted the Iris and your roses in your garden look amazing 😀. So pleased to hear that you are doing ok in the heatwave, take care and sending you Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

Art in Bloom

T stands for Traditions