Thursday Transitions

I feel so fortunate to live in New England and have the opportunity to see the seasons change.  Each one offers its own particular beauty, and I am always inspired. Despite living only ten miles outside of Boston proper, I have a number of parks, ponds and lakes within walking distance. One of my nearby destinations is Pine Banks park,  where I can enjoy majestic trees and woodland paths.

Colors of Autumn

Transition
Crisp, autumn colors
Orange, red, and gold descend
on path to winter.

Pine Banks
Zen like ripples in the pond
morning comes with frost

The nights are getting colder with a touch of frost.  I am already starting to hear the crunch of leaves under my feet, and gradually the brown is replacing all of the fallen color.  I think I will enjoy this last bit of fall, before the cold creeps in. Warm autumn wishes!





Comments

  1. The most beautiful fall colors we've seen anywhere were in Massachusetts early in October. The Berkshires were gorgeous. Almost no reds here this year. We're supposed to get snow tonight, and Tracy has started clearing out all the gardens. Winter is on its way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find it interesting how there can be such a beautiful places so near to big population centers.Gorgeous photos today Nan. Happy almost weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, this is such a wonderful time of year! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are sensational, and I am really impressed with the beauty you captured.

    Loved what you sent to Jo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty area. Your haiku perfectly captures the transitions. Put an extra blanket on the bed, it's gonna be real cold Sat. morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I have another place to consider for if we decide to relocate when we retire. Such gorgeous scenery! And so close to Boston. I love the seasonal changes, too, but here in Memphis we get much more summertime and much less winter. We're just now seeing fall color. I enjoyed your reflection on these transitions :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your envelope through MMSA. I received it today. I found out about your wonderful blog as well as ACE. Tell me what you know about belonging to ACE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful post! The park looks so peaceful and a lovely place to reflect on life and our many blessings 😁. I love the autumnal colours and zen ripples on the water - beautiful! Wishing you a great day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

Art in Bloom

T stands for Traditions