First attempt on the First

I've been intrigued and impressed by so much of the mixed media that I have seen since starting blogger.  Yesterday provided an opportunity to pull out some of my art supplies and play...an easy decision on a rainy day with everyone else busy and no distractions. Try it on Tuesday has a time challenge going on, so I thought I would join in. I love the theme of time, so the inspiration was easy; putting the pieces together was a little more challenging.
Clocks and locks

I used a variety of techniques on this page: watercolors distressed with cling film for the backround. blind embossed clocks colored with faber castell gelatos, some locks and keys fussy cut, Tim Holtz clock face and a rubber stamp:   
Take Time to Enjoy the Simple things in Life

I added my haiku that I handlettered and thermal embossed:
Oh, what would I do,
if I only had the time,
start now, said the clock.

Creating the piece was a lot of fun, and I have some ideas for another piece. I have wanted to do one of these challenges for a while, but have never made the time to do it.  A special thanks to the Try it on Tuesday gang for the awesome challenges and inspiration and Jo at Let's Art Journal for her advice and encouragement. 
Wishing you a lovely Sunday, time to appreciate the Simple Things, and a chance to try something new on the First.

Comments

  1. You made it this time! :) :) :). I love this piece. The clocks make it really cool because who doesn't love a clock? Have a great Sunday. It's a beautiful one for sure. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous. It was also the perfect time to jump in and join the challenge. Very beautiful art and simply stunning handwriting. If only I could write 1/4 as legible. Your use of a real clock face made this entry really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic project with wonderful ideas

    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful piece, clocks is really a great theme. Love the quote you used, and thanks for joining us at TIOT, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a fabulous piece! Your don't do things by halves ...lol... that's a lot of elements to put together and you did it so beautifully 😁. I love all the details with the blind embossing and amazing shading of the gelatos, the stamping, fussy cutting and the gold thermal embossed handlettered sign. I have never tried the watercolours distressed with cling film technique that you used, thanks for the inspiration! The soft colours look so pretty and I enjoyed discovering all the sayings you included too - perfect 😁. You are very kind for mentioning me, thank you! I hope you had fun creating this piece and I think your a natural when it comes to mixed media considering this is your first piece - it's a beauty! Wishing you the happiest of Sundays! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have put all the pieces together beautifully! I also love the techniques you have used. Thanks for sharing your work with us at TioT this time. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a wonderful project, so many great details that go so well together. the words you added are lovely. Thank you for joining us all at Try it on Tuesdays this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous. My favorite color. Your Haiku is beautiful and pairs so well with your gorgeous Copperplate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful page! And your haiku is beautiful!Thank you for joining Try It On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your piece is fabulous! I love everything about it. I played around with mixed media for awhile, but have mostly given it up. A few weeks ago I found an art journal I had started and there were some pages I really liked. I wish I had kept going, but I know better than to take on another project right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A page full of great texture, dimension and fabulous layering of those time related elements ... your haiku fits perfectly! Thanks for coming by and for your kind words! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's great that the "Clock" theme inspired you to get your art materials out and create something so lovely....
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun interpretation to a fun challenge...and your Haiku is right "on time!" I am inspired and kudos to you for taking the time to make a great piece. Thanks for sharing!
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

Art in Bloom

T stands for Time together