Flipping pages on a Friday


There is a great deal of inspiration here. Some of my favorite takeaways from the book:

Repetition plus discipline improves skills; discipline becomes routine; routine becomes habit.

Design a starting ritual for your creative process. Always end right in the middle of a work for an easy entry the next day.


I love dancing and books about creativity so this was a fun read and inspired my latest exchange envelopes.

Life is short and there will always be dirty dishes 
…so let’s dance. - James Howe

A quote from a favorite children’s author fit perfectly.  I don’t get many opportunities to dance much now, except for dancing in the kitchen but that’s alright as it remains my favorite place to dance to the music.
Dancing in the kitchen.
A gift from Fi…
Because it’s how we roll here!

Life is better when I’m dancing, and it’s impossible not to feel happier when I’m moving to the music.

Dance: (noun) (verb)  fun exercise to music, seemingly without effort. Exceptional calorie burner. Poetry in motion 

So here’s to music, dancing, family, friends and creativity in whatever form it takes.

Comments

  1. That book has been on my shelf for far too long! I think I'll make it my Unread Shelf book for August. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quote and the exchange envelopes made me smile. They look awesome. I hope you get a chance to dance out of the kitchen and into the garden to enjoy the sunshine, today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post! Life is always better when you're dancing or in my case singing ... lol 😀. Take care and wishing you a lovely new dancing week! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to dance around with you, too. That drawing by Fi is fabulous and your envelopes are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read this book and loved it. I somehow missed this post Nan. Glad I found it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

Art in Bloom

T stands for Time together