T stands for tiny trip



 With vacation days piling up and no trips on the horizon, we enjoyed a mini day out last week.

A Reuben sandwich…good for a treat

Especial
Usually, I wouldn’t have a beer at lunch but we were celebrating…a trip to Costco after lunch.

Between Red’s and Costco, I suggested a stop at Endicott Park for a walk to work off some of our lunch. 


The grounds were beautiful and the dahlias in the community gardens were still going strong.

It was great to have this little sojourn before this rainy week arrived.
This flower bed showcased perfect autumn colors.  Being out for a walk is something I am so appreciative of, especially after being off my feet for months last winter.  I can hear the wind gusting and the rain lashing down, so at the moment I am grateful to enjoy the warmth and comforts of home.



Comments

  1. Endicott Park looks beautiful. The mums are amazing Nan. Can I ask where Endicot park is? Hope it was happy T day and you don't get too much rain and wind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s in Danvers. Late spring or early summer is ideal. You definitely want to check to make sure garden isn’t closed for events.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fun outing, good food and glorious flowers. Happy T Day! Stay warm and dry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My idea of a big day out is Sam's, similar to Costco. However, your trip to Endicott Park was far more enjoyable and the beauty of the walk you took there was superb. I love how you showed the beauty of the autumnal colors in the garden, too. I can see why having a beer before these tasks made it even more enjoyable. Thanks for taking us to Endicott Park and thanks for sharing your beer with us for T this week, Nan. Sorry I'm late visiting, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely place for a walk! I love a good Reuben sandwich and that looks like a great one,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful place, perfect for your walk! The Reuben sandwich and beer looks so good too - Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun outing. We try tiny trips now since we can't really travel! Beautiful gardens. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful Photos - Travel On My Friend - Stay Strong

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

Art in Bloom

T stands for Time together