T stands for Two and Turmeric

A blogging friend was hosting a stamping challenge using 2 colors- black and red. I have been interested in participating in her challenges for a while and finally got one completed. Sticking to just 2 colors makes the card making process quick and easy.

 One of my favorite treats when shopping in Wegman’s grocery store is to grab a golden milk latte. Grocery shopping in Wegman’s is a real treat and I don’t get there very often as I have a few shops much closer. I am also trying to keep my carbon footprint small, so I plan my errands with that in mind. Fortunately, I will be over in the Wegman’s area next week  and will pick up some specialty items, flowers and a golden milk from the cafe. In the meantime,  I am enjoying this camomile and turmeric tea.

Turmeric is an Indian flowering plant in the ginger family and is said to have many health benefits. On my last trip to Costco, I saw that they are carrying the rhizomes (similar to ginger but smaller) in the fresh produce section. I am going to research how to prepare and cook with them before my next shopping expedition, so I will know if I will add them to my list. Another  2022 mindfulness intention…shop with a grocery list, which will put an end to impulse buying. I am being flexible on this,; I will be happy with 75% - a happy C average!
Maybe I will give myself a star with some pointed pen practice.
Done…It’s in the mail to a star!

More pointed pen practice.
Some valentines ready to go.

And voila, you’ve got mail!

Comments

  1. I've never been Wegman's. We don't have any here in coastal NH. And your cards came out wonderful. I hope you have a good trip to Wegman's and had a great T day too. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Wegman's and could spend a lot of money there. Thankfully, we don't live close to one so it is not a temptation. Your tea sounds like a delicious combination. I have a turmeric ginger tea by The Republic of Tea that I really enjoy.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely art. I like the combination of the tea. I make it often.

    ReplyDelete

  4. What a stunning red and black card, Nan. It is both cute and clever. I love it a lot. You also have made some incredible Valentines. That star is awesome, too. These are all winners.

    To be honest, I'm not a fan of camomile tea, but I love turmeric. I would even try this combination, too. Thanks for sharing your lovely art and your tea with us for T this Tuesday, dear Nan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't go to Wegman'$ very often. Gorgeous cards. The star is awesome! Enjoy the sun and warm temps today

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both ginger and tumeric is great for arthritis and the tea looks fabulous, I'd happily join you for a cup! Your Valentine's cards are beautiful too, love the hearts 😀. Take care and Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't have Wegmans in our state or either of the adjoining states. What a shame. I'm pretty good at shopping from a list and don't tend to impulse buy at the grocery. Without a list I get home without most of what I went for lol

    What pretty cards! Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card, and I really like it in red and black. I am not sure I would like anything with turmeric in it. But I love tea. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards, and it looks like two red and black ones. Now it's time to pop them in the gallery at Color Hues! :-) I've used dried turmeric in more recipes in the last few years, and we like it quite a bit. Not so sure about tea, though. Luckily, for me, Wegmans is a Rochester-based grocery store, and their flagship store is one of the closest to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the card. So lovely.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

T stands for Traditions

Art in Bloom