Words on Wednesday

A few weeks ago, Fi and I headed into Boston for the Boston Book Fest.  We got a late start, making the first talk impossible; next, the train was delayed, followed by a diversion, so we missed our second talk.  What's to do? Why, what any good food loving females would do! Hit up Flour Bakery for lunch and sustenance before the next talks.
Flour sandwich, good enough to eat
and it was..
Once we finished lunch, we  headed to our first destination to hear a panel of mystery writers talking about their process. Next up and lucky for us in the same venue was the marvelous Geraldine Brooks.
Geraldine is a Pulitzer Prize winner and an interesting speaker. Spoiler, her next book is titled  Horse, and it's about...wait for it, a horse!  From here, we headed out to a talk on memoirs, with an interesting panel including the writer of the Ask Amy advice column and a former dominatrix; this made for an interesting discussion.
we were there..
books, books, glorious books
Did you know November is National Blog Posting Month and National Novel Writing Month? I'm in; how about you? And in the meantime, trying to get some pen pal lettering writing done too.

It's in the mail...
Before bed tonight, I will keep my letter writing theme going and finish up reading Letters to the Lost by  Iona Grey.
A book with letters
one of my favorite themes.
I wish you good reading, good writing, and a little creativity to feed your soul.

Comments

  1. I loved when we had lunch at Flour Bakery. Next time, I'll start with dessert. Their pastries look amazing. Looks like you had a fun outing with your girlie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to plan a meet up soon! In the meantime I will enjoy our Skype dates.

      Delete
  2. Your missing the train and the first talks didn't seem to slow you down at all. Your getting to hear about mystery writing, a genre I would love to pursue myself, made me slightly jealous. How simply amazing. The book fest must have been a book lover's dream come true.

    You were the one who clued me in on National Blog Posting Month, so I guess I'm doing it, although I'm participating in Art Every Day Month or AEDM. I have concluded that art can be anything, not just mixed media, my art of choice. I'm loving your daily activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun Elizabeth. I will have to write about the mystern writers during the month. Super interesting panel. Happy you are posting and sharing everyday as well as your mixed media. Thanks for all your lovely compliments.

      Delete
  3. I told Tracy you'd had lunch at Four Bakery. He wants to know when you'll be dropping off the sticky buns---he'd like at least 1/2 a dozen. :-) The sandwiches look as good as the breakfast was. We'll definitely go back there next time we're in Boston. I'm intrigued about the new book from Geraldine Brooks. You know how much I like her. I read a fun memoir by the woman who writes Ask Amy. She has a second book out that's on my list to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Flour bakery sounds good. Mystery writing sounds great. Have a happy day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun day. Sorry you had trouble getting into the city, but lunch looks yummy. :) I've heard of flour. Think I need to check out this book fest, even if I have to wait until next year. Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Flour Bakery sounds lovely and your sandwich looks delicious 😁. What fun it must have been listening to the panelist of mystery writers too - fascinating! Have a great evening! J 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

T stands for Traditions

Art in Bloom