T stands for Tradition tweaks

Thanksgiving morning usually starts with a road race. Due to Covid, this annual race was held virtually. Not as much fun as being in a big crowd, but we were able to schedule our run at a time that was convenient, which was really nice.

No trip to Ireland this November means we are getting low on our Irish tea stash and no advent calendars filled with chocolate. This too was tweaked finding a great advent calendar with Maman jam, our favorite!


What cute packaging of tiny little jams
A great way to try different flavors!


We never put up our tree this early, but this year definitely called for starting the holiday a little early. As the song goes, we need a little Christmas right this very minute.
Putting our jam to good use
With breakfast on Christmas china.
Goodbye to fall excursions 


And hello to illuminated nighttime walks 

With my word of the year, I am choosing to tweak the traditions a bit and find joy wherever I can. Stay safe, stay well









Comments

  1. Being flexible is important. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next year there will be the Turkey Trot and maybe a trip to Ireland. Maybe to run the Dingle? I like the jam filled advent calendar and cute Christmas plates. Your neighbor has an awesome light display. Take care and stay warm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully by next ear we can be doing more normal things. I HOPE! I am missing many things also. Hope life is going well though. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you put it, "this year definitely called for starting the holiday a little early. As the song goes, we need a little Christmas right this very minute."

    I felt the same way. I finished our tree Tuesday, which is very early for me.

    I like your word of the year. I thought I had settled on explore, but now I'm wavering and will probably tweak it. Grin.

    Happy T-day! Stay safe and well. Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finding JOY wherever you can is a great way to celebrate this very strange holiday season! We always put up our tree early since usually we leave the day after Christmas. This year we'll just be enjoying it at home for an extended time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not exactly sure how I missed this, but it's a wonderful T post. So nice you got an advent calendar with all that jam. Sorry to read you can't travel to Ireland for Christmas, though.

    I'm very, very hungry now after seeing your breakfast. I would love to join you, but I'm sure you won't be sharing any of that jam. Thanks for sharing your jam advent calendar, your breakfast, and your coffee with us for T this Tuesday.

    Enjoyed seeing the outdoor decorations, too. My trees have been up since the day after Christmas, and it feels better, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

Art in Bloom

T stands for Time together