Flipping pages, with a paintbrush

 Fi and I have been taking a watercolor class on Monday nights.  Watercolor painting is fun and addictive. I am at the beginning stages of trying to master color mixing and glazes. Patience is required as you are layering the colors.

Beach scene in winter from a photograph

This was completed over a few weeks of class. Overall I felt happy with it when I finished although there was a lot of head scratching during the process. I have a few more that I am working on so I will post them on Watercolor Wednesday.  They were easier in some ways - no snow, ice or crashing waves, but there were a few different challenges. It’s certainly a learning process!

This is a pretty straightforward book that I ordered. It will be interesting to see what I come up with it using 3 colors and 3 brushes. Happy painting.


Comments

  1. This painting is fantastic Nan. I think you learned a lot in the class. I hope you show us more of your 3 color/3 brushes work as you finish them. I am interested to see what you can do with a basic palette and brush set. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful---but no surprise to me! I would love to take an in-person watercolor class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a a beautiful painting. Watercolors are SO difficult to contain, and I can't even draw. This is beautiful and so well done, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

T stands for Traditions

T stands for Time together