Flipping pages…forensically

 In my quest for some Halloween inspired reading, I happened upon this audiobook. Sue Black, a world renowned Forensic Anthropologist wrote a comprehensive nonfiction book including gruesome crimes, serial killings, police investigation, legal systems in Scotland and England, forensic science and bones.  The macabre portions of the book were disturbing but interesting. The descriptions  on bones from head to toe, skeletal analysis and investigation were fascinating . While the book was not what I expected, it is one I highly recommend.  Fans of the television show Bones by forensic anthropologist and crime writer Kathy Reichs would really enjoy this book. 

The stories bones can tell.


Skeletons in flight via USPS


And may you keep your bones strong,
your heart filled with Hope 
And your soul filled with Joy.

Comments

  1. Many years ago, I took a stone sculpting class, one of my classmates was a forensic artist. She was working on cold/missing person cases. She made a model of the skull and then with clay, sculpted the features. Chilling but fascinating. Your cards are so fun. Love those yoga poses. Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I thought of the show Bones when I started reading this, It sounds like something I would enjoy. I love your cards, especially the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid I'll be skipping the forensic account of macabre murders. That kind of reading has been known to keep me up at night. Love the skeleton cards. We saw some amazing skeleton decorations on our walk yesterday. My favorite was a skeleton driving an old-fashioned carriage with more skeletons inside. I wonder where they came up with it all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Read this month

Art in Bloom

T stands for Traditions